What Are Different Types of Surveillance Cameras and Their Benefits?
CCTV or surveillance cameras are the first line of defense against theft, burglary, vandalism, intrusion, and other criminal activities at your property. They help you secure a premise through continuous monitoring and surveillance to deter crimes and unethical activities. When it comes to installing surveillance cameras, professionals conduct a quick survey of the building to create a surveillance diagram to decide on the right places and proper angles for better monitoring and surveillance. It also helps them decide the right surveillance cameras for the right places for complete security.
So, when you are searching for the best surveillance cameras in Dubai, there are many options available in the market for specific needs. Different security cameras come with different monitoring capabilities, security features, and customization options to meet all kinds of requirements. Here’re the most general types of surveillance cameras and how they are used:
Dome Surveillance Camera
It is the most common type of security camera used in the office, especially in the indoor environment. They come in a discrete dome shape and are mounted on the ceiling for monitoring and surveillance.
- Dome-shaped housing for easy installation
- Well-suited for indoor environments that tend to get dirty
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Compact in appearance.
- Available in discrete housings to protect camera lenses
Bullet Surveillance Camera
Packaged in a bullet-style body, bullet surveillance cameras and can be installed indoors and outdoors. They are a visible deterrent and make your property a less desirable target by criminals and thieves,
- Comes with IR illuminators.
- A sealed enclosure reduces the need for maintenance and servicing.
- Small footprint.
- Requires no separate housing.
- A good option for low-light surveillance and monitoring
PTZ Security Camera
PTZ Security Cameras comes with customized monitoring options through mechanical control. Mechanical controls allow operators to remotely pan, tilt, and zoom during real-time monitoring.
- Comes with pan, tilt, and zoom features
- Mechanical control via joystick or software.
- Can automatically run patterns for custom surveillance
- Focuses on key areas of surveillance.
- Auto Track movement.
- Cover a wide area of interest
- Zoom in to detail
Thermal Surveillance Cameras
These cameras use thermal imaging to produce surveillance footage to differentiate objects. It is the right kind of security camera for dark or harsh environments.
- Uses heat sensing and thermal imaging for surveillance
- Provide surveillance and security even in smoke, haze, dust, light fog conditions
- Works in complete darkness
IP cameras are the most advanced security cameras and use Internet Protocol over a network for signal transmission. Wireless IP cameras are also available for easy installation and setup using Wi-Fi.
- Increased resolution and scalability
- Comes with a built-in video recording feature
- Tilting options to maximize viewing
- Better system management and control over a digital network.
- Can be remotely controlled using smartphones
- Available in various resolutions options
- Motion detection for instant alerts
These are the most common types of security and surveillance cameras available today. You can pick the ones that best suit your unique requirements and meet the purpose of installing a surveillance system at your property. Contact us at VAS Technologies to discuss your requirements and find the right surveillance cameras in Dubai for your needs.